Residents Escape Monday Morning Fire

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Terre Haute Firefighters were called out Monday morning to a fire at 2010 South 8th Street.

A neighbor noticed the smoke and helped to get two adults and a child out of the house safely.

The fire reportedly started when someone was burning incense in an upstairs bedroom.

Fire crews were quickly able to put the fire out and everyone was able to escape uninjured.

The residents have had to move and are receiving help from the Red Cross.

TH Fire Dept 12/16/19